Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oy!





I have a weakness (Okay, I have several), not the least of which is baked goods. It is really a love-hate relationship I have with people who offer them to me.


It goes a little like this:


(Accepting the plate:)

I LOVE you.

(First bite:)

I REALLY love you.

(Staring at crumbs on plate after 10th brownie:)

I HATE you.

And you hate me too.

Admit it, this is some kind of conspiracy against my quest for the perfect (Okay, not perfect - who are we kidding..) body.

Okay, maybe I am being a bit dramatic.

Yesterday I had a brownie. A very wonderfully delicious brownie.

I always tell my kids, especially when they are staring at cauliflower or some other pointless food on their plate, "If you like it, eat it slow. If you don't like it, eat it fast!"

I ate this brownie very slow. I enjoyed every moment of it. ( am certain I can see the outline of it on my hips through my pants this morning, but I don't care.)

It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment