Monday, February 02, 2009

All Right Already!


Tomorrow, if you have been keeping track with me, marks my 1/2 way point in my 10 pounds in 3 weeks goal. It was a lofty goal, I'll admit it, but since when has that ever deterred me?

If all was going according to plan, this would be the number 5 you were looking at. 1/2 way through my time, 1/2 way to my goal, right? Wrong-O! I am holding firm at 7 pounds to go.

The truth is, that posting up my "7" breaks one of my rules. I have the rule that I don't claim a pound until I have lost the next pound, that way I know it's really gone and not just the varying amounts of water I drank at bedtime the night before.

I don't like to break my slightly neurotic self-imposed rules because breaking my own rules seems just a bit crazier than setting them in the first place, but in this case I shall make an exception as I am hungry for progress. I am breaking it because I need to claim this pound.

I have been without it for days, but I just can't seem to let go of the next one...


Exactly.


It would seem I am stuck in a bit of a plateau.

I have seen nothing but more of the same for days, and I am running out of time. 10 days. 10 days...

I am kicking up my workout intensity, though I have to be careful not to burn myself out so badly that I can't dance (which is kind of the point of all of this). I consume 2 - 250 calorie protein shakes and 500 additional calories a day... so eating has been pretty strict also.

Help! Got any great plateau busting tricks?

I still have 10 days, right? (Attitude adjustment in progress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment