Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


Love is strange and wonderful.
Today, love is being a mother of four, away from her family for the weekend in a luxurious hotel room.
I spent the whole day doing my most favorite thing - dancing.
I went to bed very, very late last night.
I slept in until I could sleep no more. When I woke up, it was not to a crying baby, or to decide whose turn it was for the TV remote.
I got dressed, and nobody walked in on me in the bathroom.
I ate breakfast without a single person making a demand on me.
And I ate what I wanted to eat.
I can do whatever I want to do today, but what I want to do most is hold my sweetheart's hand, kiss my baby's chubby cheeks, snuggle on the couch with my youngest daughter, listen to my oldest daughter tell me every detail about her day, and watch my son's latest trick.
Strange, yes. And wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honey, I am glad you had a great time and won the competitition! You were definitely meant to dance!

    Love, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WON THE COMPETITION??? TELL US MORE!!!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete