Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ever Have "One Of Those Days"?

It's been awhile for me.

Every day I try to notice and fill my mind with things that make me smile - even the littlest things - like how there were exactly 2 slices of bread left for my sandwich at lunch time and neither was the heel, or how the ipod magically shuffled my current favorite song to play first while I was getting ready, or even the extra few seconds I spent in an especially good hug.


I think this approach lends itself to my being a typically pleasant and happy person.

I had a little trouble with this today. I know I'm having trouble, when to stay positive I am actually feeling the need to search other days for something to draw upon.
Me! Me, with two out of two legs.
Me, with the kind of great health that makes my doctor of 9 years raise an eyebrow at me and ask if I have ever been in to see him before because he doesn't even recognize me.

I could go on and on...

Well, now I could...
because I finally remembered what I do about days like this:


And did you notice the extra bubbles? I even ran the jets a few minutes before I settled in, just to fluff them up a bit. And now I am about to top the evening off with a mug of good hot chocolate and then a good night's sleep.

I am beginning to recall glimpses of pleasant moments squashed between an otherwise black-cloud-over-the-head day...

Hey, any day that ends like this could not have been all that bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment