Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Because I Am Sick Of Doing Laundry.


And also because it is beautiful outside today. There are just the right amount of clouds in the sky, so it is not quite the 100 degree day it was yesterday - yet it is not overcast.


This is why today I will go shopping instead.

I have heard this can be therapeutic, and today I intend to test the concept a bit. I will do my best not to squander the mortgage away, and I will eventually return home and finish the laundry. Or so I am telling myself. I have washed 4 loads today already, and several more await me (though I did 2 loads yesterday? Laundry self propogates with alarming speed).



So my solution = go buy more clothes? Hmm... perhaps this requires more thought. Perhaps just one great thing to wear - or a great pair of shoes (a sickness - the shoe shopping) to convince myself that I am more Catherine Zeta Jones than Stepford Wife. Then perhaps I will move on to home decor (A weakness) or costco (Another weakness of bulk-sized proportions.)

Catherine Zeta


Stepford Wife



You understand, don't you?


P.S. Have I meantioned that I think Catherine Zeta Jones is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen? If I were a man she would be my Johnny Depp. (Make that make sense - I dare you!)


No, I really don't have the time or the money, but denial can be such a happy place.
And I am off to my happy place, which just for the day may come in the form of a shopping mall.
I promise not to do this too often, so that I do not become one of those girls - which I am not.
But today I am.
Because laundry stinks and new shoes do not.
And because shoe shopping is not fattening.

2 comments:

  1. Aah, girl, I am SO with you! Why haven't they invented disposable clothes yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so the Catherine Zeta-Jones type. So, not Stepford. You should know that!

    love you

    ReplyDelete