Thursday, April 09, 2009

Another Week In Paradise

Because I have devoted so much space to important things like reality T.V. and contests and I thought it only fair to show a little love for some of the "little things".

So "Another Week In Paradise" is born...

Lunch Date
Sometimes I am mad at my camera for forgetting to jump out of my purse and into my hands and document moments like this:
Me + Christiana + 1 BK Big Fish Sandwich = Lunch date.
Apparently, one can decide to sign in as a school visitor (you get to wear a special sticker that says visitor and has a big red apple on it) and join one's child for lunch "on campus"... even in first grade. Christiana has been throwing this information down at me pretty much all year, but as May is fast approaching - and therefore summer vacation - it was time to get this on the Calendar. So, Wednesday I wake up and she is already dressed down to her backpack & big smile. Her lunch order is clearly written in sharpie permanent marker (though nobody under age 30 is technically allowed to use one in our home) onto a scrap paper.

In large permanent letters:
Lunch date is today.
My order is BK Big Fish PLAIN from burger king.
One ICEE drink with blue and red
11:15 Sharp.
I show up at precisely 11:15 with Big Fish and Icee in hand, wearing my apple sticker, and I hear a sound of joy from across the playground. Of course, recess is the first part (who knew?), so I hang while Chrissy plays. 20 minutes later we lunch in the cafeteria while her buddies drift to the table to join us and giggle. Pretty much the best lunch date ever.

Sink Full of Curls
Again, darn that camera! Isaac had his bazillionth haircut. I am not going to lie to you - when his curls start to get a little big and loopy, and they brush over his big pink cheeks, I am tempted to let him run around in his diaper all day and glue little angel wings to his back, because he for sure is the most delicious cupid-like creature I have ever laid eyes on. Sometimes, though, I feed him oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal does interesting things to cherub-like curls, so haircuts are sometimes necessary.

Spring Cleaning Has Commenced
This really deserves a post of its own, but it can't have one since I am not certain spring cleaning will actually ever end. Who needs that kind of accountability? No camera. No evidence.

Guitar Hero World Tour
Has arrived at the Montoya home. I will miss my children.

Fun week.

1 comment:

  1. The lunch date is the sweetest thing ever. I must do that sometime. Did Isaac come? That is just so cute, so earnest on Christiana's part.

    ReplyDelete