Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Naughty But Nice.


How else do you describe the kind of self-indulgent shopping trip that leads you to dresses you must make an appointment to see?


The designer for Dancing With the Stars just happens to be located here in Arizona. That is fortunate for me, because I got to spend an afternoon there playing dress up.


I'll be honest - I expected dress-up time to feel like those nostalgic princess days - it actually felt a lot more like swimsuit shopping in front of the cast of What Not To Wear.

.
And, technically it was playing dress down rather than dress up
(As in dress down to practically nothing while assaulting several innocent human eyes with my less-than-adequate-for-public-display body.)


Some parts of me did not stuff into some parts of the dresses.
Some dresses did not have places to stuff any parts of me.


One of the dresses in my dressing room was worn by Cloris Leachman.
I really could not bring myself to try on that dress.
I may have been a little grumpy that someone thought it was a good idea to bring it to me.



I began to think that maybe dress up was not as much fun as I remembered.

And then...
THEN...
I found my dress!


I knew it was mine because when I put it on I began to jump up and down
(Yep. I did.)
and twirl
(Yep. I did that too.)
and I did feel quite like a princess.
Perhaps it was the polka dots and pink fluff.


You probably think I am joking.


If you google "People's Choice dancesport" you will see the reason that I deserted the blogosphere for the past few days. It was there that I took my new dress for it's first spin.
(Or first 30 spins?)


If you were there, then you got to witness the super-fun debut of my new dress. Otherwise, you are having to wait until after the competition (done!) and the photos come back (not yet...).


Because I can find all kinds of creative ways to be superstitious for no good reason.


A very shrewd DWTS fan might even remember my dress from the show.
But I actually can not wait to show it to you.
Because that is what dressed-up princesses do.


Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. woah! This is so exciting. I love that you are so into your dancing again. I am sure you are beaming. I can't wait to see your unveiling of the pink polka-dotted puff. love you and soo so miss you!

    ps. I love what not to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait any longer! Show me! Show me!! Show me!!! Pleasssssssssse! :)

    ReplyDelete