Monday, May 04, 2009

I Am A Big Fat Liar!

Honestly.
Liar liar pants on fire.
That's me.

Example:
I said I would never paint a single wall on our main level again.
The ceilings are 10 feet high, and our only ladder is 6ft tall.
The last time I taped off the ceilings on our main floor (so that I could paint the walls), was a near death experience.
I teetered on top of several phone books stacked high on our short ladder with my arms stretched to capacity, while I laid painting tape along the ceiling - like only a recovering perfectionist can.
Until the phonebooks slipped from beneath me.


The good news is I lived to swear I would never do that again.
The bad news is I lied.

Isaac was up way too early today and destined to take a marathon nap.
I could have taken a nap too.
I could have caught up on some laundry.
...or started a book, or run on the treadmill, or made a few calls...
Shoot! - I could have done a lot of things with that time!


Look at what I did: (Well... some of what I did...)

I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself but, now that all the prep work and taping is done,
the painting is imminent.
My arms will pay for this for days.
I will ruin my shoes with paint specks.
Sure, the hallway will be beautiful, but I can't help the sneaking suspicion it may have been just as beautiful if I had Googled the local painter.
.
Other lies:
I will never shop at Wal-Mart again.
I would rather have rock hard abs than cheesecake.


Lies!


Can we still be friends?

4 comments:

  1. I am bringing over our 8' ladder at once. A beautiful hallway is not worth dying for.

    I also swear off Wal Mart weekly, and continue going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am coming for that ladder!

    Thanks, friend.

    I just priced ladders at the local hardware store, and it seems it would be less expensive to replace the whole house than buy a ladder to paint it.

    I was reconsidering the phone book scenario...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm WAITING for the finished picture!!!! So very Patiently....
    and my favorite lie is...
    "I'm going to get to get to that tomorrow!"
    but tomorrow NEVER comes. ;)
    Still Friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... I'm guilty of that one too - looks like I missed one ;] Ah well, welcome to the liar's club. Friends.

    An after photo? Great idea! Coming soon...

    ReplyDelete