Monday, August 10, 2009

I Do Not Like Green Eggs & Ham...

Or shopping at Walmart.




Reason #1,549,654 why I am not a fan of Walmart shopping:





Greeters, who wave and make nice with me as I make my way into the store, but watch me closely with beady eyes as I check out my purchases with the cashier. They continue to eyeball me as I make my way directly from the cashier toward the exit - one straight line with my receipt in hand -







Until...





Until I get too close. They must make their move - blockading the exit


.

(which is, incidentally, located on the left instead of the right side of the road forever disturbing my Chi - Reason #1,549,653)


.

with their blue-vested, smiley-face-wearing bodies until I prove (to them personally) that I did, indeed, pay for that super-sized jumbo pack of pampers that could not possibly have fit into a shopping bag (but happens to be buried beneath 43 of them).






True story.






Meanwhile, in a land far away...



















I strolled right out of another, more favored superstore (Target) with a lamp and a truckload of Charmin Ultra at the bottom of my cart that I had forgotten to place on the cashier belt (at Target) while I was wrestling tired, hungry children out of the candy aisle. And nobody stopped me once (at Target, Target, Target) (!). It was rather inconvenient to realize in the parking lot, once I double-checked my receipt, that I had to unpack those same tired and hungry children from the car and go back into the store. And wait in line again. To pay for those items. But I did do it. Gladly. And I don't need to be greeted by people with stickers to keep me on the straight & narrow.





Also a true story.




I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment