Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Third Degree

You've heard of it, haven't you?


Seen it on Law & Order?
























That relentless, high-pressure questioning that gets a suspect really sweating until he reaches his breaking point and pours his soul out (along with any confessions) to the interrogators -


You know - "The Third Degree".





I don't know why it's called the third degree. It was 119 degrees outside a couple of days ago according to my dashboard thermometer. Now THAT is some serious heat.



Put me out in that kind of heat and I will confess whatever you want to hear.

Weight?

Age?

What I really thought about Johnny Depp in Don Juan?


Do your worst.


Jail cells are air-conditioned, no?

















I hereby declare that the third degree concept be scrapped in favor of "The 119th Degree". Because I like to declare things.


And, because I don't think it gets much hotter than that... at least I hope not.


Or I am moving.
Again.
You know I will...

2 comments:

  1. yikes. that kind of heat is not cool! I know you will enjoy this blog post by my friend if it is THAT hot.

    http://cinhiker.blogspot.com/2009/08/hot-idea.html

    stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a REAL confession...
    you ARE holding out...
    I want the REAL truth- nothing but the truth... so help you!
    I WILL hunt you down... I have resources...
    I know people... you CAN run... BUT
    the HEAT will get you!!!

    for real:
    Whenever, Wherever, However you go...
    I will be sad.

    ReplyDelete