Friday, August 14, 2009

We Are Having A Small Problem.

I will begin by telling you it's official: We have moved!


Several big men in an over-sized truck, who walk unusually slow for humans (because they are paid by the hour?), moved all of our things to our new home.


Our New home = 5 miles from old home.
Our New home = Beautiful, happy place.
Our New Home = About 1/2 size of Old Home...


This brings me to our small problem. More specifically our small closet problem. I think all of the square footage smaller that our new house measures came directly out of the master bedroom closet.





Items to Consider:


Exhibit A: The Small Closet Is Already Jam Packed With Items. Note hanger density.











Exhibit B: Three Empty Wardrobe Boxes Have Already Been Unpacked Into Said Closet.






Exhibit C: Six FULL Wardrobe Boxes Are Still Waiting To Be Unpacked Into Said Closet.



Paul says there is only one solution.




*Paul's solution is not that he is moving out of my closet.
*Paul's solution involves things leaving the closet.
*Paul's solution implies that the things leaving the closet may not belong to Paul.





So you see, when I said we are having a small problem what I meant is we are having a HUGE problem that may indicate A/Therapy or B/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for one member of this household before we are through here.






C'mon all you HGTV enthusiasts - Neat freaks - Smart Girls and Organization Divas - Bring me some ideas!!

(Or a map to the secret door leading to the second closet?)





On A Lighter Note:
Casualties of the Move:
Only one:
The Walmart desk. (Oh, darn.)
(And perhaps one hulky moving man's t-shirt, as I am sure sweat must calcify at some point.)


Survivors of the Move: My darling buffet, and our armoir - affectionately known as "the monster". He lives!






Seriously though, the closet is a problem, and I am fishing for solutions. Help!

2 comments:

  1. Well in Rhode Island Stephen had to use the hall closet for his clothes. He didn't like it very much. In fact, as our realtor, I'm pretty sure you remember his request for "a closet in his actual bedroom" while house hunting. You delivered big time, by the way. Sorry, you were looking for a solution. Hmmm. Start borrowing the kids closets? Isaac has small clothes:) Your house is coming together beautifully, by the way. Let me and Jaren come over this week to play/help (if you still need it) or just play:) Got a bunch of free Bounce U passes for the little dudes. Sorry for the novel, a phone call would've been more polite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for a trip to IKEA! - they have the best closet solutions around!
    PS. I'm sad you moved.

    ReplyDelete