Thursday, August 20, 2009

Best Buy Makes Me Gag

I confess.


It's over.
My relationship with my printer.


A little back story:
We have been through a lot of ups and downs lately (Click HERE if you don't remember), but yesterday we hit a low point in the relationship when things turned violent.


I asked him to print. I didn't think I was being unreasonable, but he refused! He told me that he was all out of paper and was yelling at me with that flashing orange light.
Lies!

I checked up on him - he had paper all along. Just not for me. We were going to have to work things out.

I tried a gentle approach, adjusting his paper tray ever so lightly - he would not budge an inch! I had to get a little firm with him. So you see, officer, things just got out of hand...



And now, things are broken forever. I tried to patch things up but it was nothing but paper jams after that. Things were bad, real bad.

It was time to move on...


(Now that the mall is so convenient, we can make a "mall run" like others run to Walgreens.)

(This may or may not turn out to be a good thing.)

(This time it was a good thing, because printers only break when you are using them... there was work to be done, and a 5 minute run to Best Buy sounded great.)

Theoretically, this should have been a 5 minute run to Best Buy.

Minute 1 - Cross the freeway

Minute 2 - Park the Car

Minute 3 - Walk in & Adopt a New Printer (Yep - just that fast.)

Minute 4 - Pay the cashier

Minute 5 - Load him up & drive home


Not so.


The problem came at Minute 4. As I approached the cashier he backed away and covered his mouth and motioned for me to hold on a minute by holding up a finger to me while he ((burped?)) I don't know... Okay, I played along and pretended not to notice.


Then he did it again.


SO RUDE. But, what's a girl to do?


Then he bolts to the guy who stands by the door (who is busily chatting with another co-worker and ignoring Burping Cashier Boy just a little too long), he taps Door Man on the shoulder repeatedly, then begins to hurl. First on the floor, then he notices a garbage can nearby and finishes the job, at least temporarily, then he runs with a string of saliva trailing behind him into the distance while Doorman calls in a "Code 9" on the walkie talkie.


I was standing uncomfortably close to the whole scenario.

Enough so, that I did indeed gag. Twice.

So unfortunate that I needed this printer so badly... I had to stay.


I did rethink which checkout counter I would use.

I did also rethink the box of Hot Tamales impulse buy. No thanks.

Finally an apologetic cashier replacement appeared and I bought my printer.

Then (several minutes later than expected), I too, bolted.

In the opposite direction from the last guy.

Ew!

No comments:

Post a Comment