Sunday, January 11, 2009

Me - 1, Printer - 0


Perhaps you did not realize that you are looking at a picture of the devil!


This beautiful piece of modern technology can print wirelessly, scan, fax, print pictures, collate, report the individual ink levels of each of its 6 cartridges...


but only if it feels like it.


I have had a love-hate relationship with this machine from the start, but it pushed me too far. It's latest shenanigan was playing the mean trick of telling me it was out of paper when, in fact, it was not. This was especially not funny because the "out of paper" trick foils every single useful application of the device all at once.


This is why this is just "the printer" and it does not get a fancy nickname like Carmen.

(Carmen = the fancy nickname for my beloved Garmin.)

(Garmin = my GPS that I would probably save from a housefire before my cat.)


I wish I could let incidents like this printing strike go to printer repairmen. I wish I was the type who could say "Heck with this - I don't have time to deal with this. I am going to OfficeMax for a replacement."


I can not. There is some derranged programming inside of me that precludes me from surrendering to inanimate objects that threaten to inconvenience my life by malfunctioning in my time of need.


Today I am pleased to announce that I have returned from battle victorious.


After 10 days of banging, button pushing and disassembling, I finally did something that worked. I don't know what it was, nor do I care.


I win.


No comments:

Post a Comment