Sunday, January 18, 2009

State of the Body Address


I'll speak frankly with you.

Dance costumes, particularly Latin dance costumes, are not known for their forgiving nature.


Where, pray tell, do you suggest I hide the Spanx?
Nowhere to go... NOWHERE TO GO!


I'm not afraid to say it - My body does not look like this, and with under a month until competition time I am getting a little bit nervous. (The reality is, if I want to be able to concentrate on where my feet are, and not what zipcode I left the excess flab on my abdomen in after the last turn, I must lose 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks.)


I am not in the mood for a diet. I am not in the mood to exercise tonight either. (Perhaps I am a bit cranky today?) But I am going to need a whole lot of both, starting yesterday, to hit my goal so here goes...


10 pounds divided by 3 weeks = about 3 and 1/3 pounds a week, right? I can do it! More importantly, I must do it. If I am going to dance, then I am going to be a dancer, and this body is not fooling anybody.


So please, over the next three weeks, count the pounds down with me starting today.

Game on!

3 comments:

  1. Go TINA!!! I'm rooting for you and have great confidence in your work to get to your goal. I'm excited for the big shebang also and hope someone takes some video of it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you really have to wear something like that? Do you already have the costume? I want to come and see your dancing. Looks so fun. I am sure whatever you want to achieve you will! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS sooo fun! I will post details the next time I dance in Phoenix for any interested.

    I do already have a costume.

    The good news is that my costume covers more than the one in the photo. The bad news is that "more" is a relative concept.

    ReplyDelete