Sunday, October 18, 2009

Three Is A Magic Number!



Yes it IS!
It's a magic number!


Isaac
my baby
"The Caboose"

turned three today.


He will board a bus headed for preschool for the first time this Tuesday.
Wearing a miniature "Lightning McQueen" backpack.

He actually has refused to take the backpack off since I purchased it last week, so I guess I won't have to work too hard at getting him ready for school.

One of the magical (and I dare say, charming) things about 3-year-olds
is that the concept of ownership
(aka "MINE!")
becomes understood.

So...
because it is indeed charming
and also downright entertaining

I bought one of those cute Little Tykes shopping carts for Isaac for his birthday.

Now he is circling the house with all his other gifts and worldly posessions loaded up in the shopping cart like a homeless baglady.
While wearing his miniature Lightning McQueen backpack.

He has been doing this for hours.
He is happy as can be.

If you even look his way he walks around to the front of the shopping cart - blocking it from view and he warns "No Touching!"

And we listen.

Because "No Touching" = "I am happy and  P.S. This is Mine...  Breach the perimeter of mine-ness, and I will turn from darling dimpled birthday boy into The Incredible Hulk on Catnip
and unleash on you my ultimate wrath."

I will miss this age.


"Bag Lady Baby"

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!


1 comment: