Friday, October 02, 2009

Goodbye, Galaxy.


Hello, Friend.

I'm back!
I have been crazy busy gluing my world back together after taking a weekend off a couple of weeks ago...  We'll start there...  Prepare for some rambling.

"No fake eyelashes and glitter in our world."
My sister in law reminded me as I began my descent back into reality.
(From my weekend at the Galaxy Dance Competition!)


A crying shame if you ask me...
(Especially the eyelashes
which I had become quite attached to over the course of a rather glammed-up 72 hours.)

I admit, returning from the world of glitz, glamour, ballgowns and rhinestones is an adjustment. 
One moment I get to play the role of bedazzled dancing queen
(In my own mind, that's where.)
(I am quite imaginative.)
the next moment -  I am back to over-tired, over-scheduled mother and wife.
(No imagination required.)
(Cheesecake optional.)

I spent the weekend at the Biltmore.
I came home to the aftermath of WWIII.

While I was away, other people combed, sprayed, and rhinestoned my hair and did my make-up all weekend.
When I got back, I spent a week working the rats nest out of one of my daughter's uncombed heads.

The Biltmore had beautiful grounds filled with shiny happy people.
Back at my house, I could not locate the laundry room because of the tragic clothing avalanche.
And...
The refrigerator had been emptied.  That was too bad because I hadn't eaten in days.
And...
Empty toilet paper rolls adorned every restroom.
(Did I mention at the Biltmore my toilet paper roll magically replenished itself daily with no effort on my part?)

Nevertheless, I am glad to be home.
(That is the politically correct thing to say.)
(The truth = I WILL be glad to be home - once home resembles home again.)
(I will even be glad when it resembles my actual real home and not the souped up, peaceful, spotless, heavenly version I dreamed it to be during my uninterrupted sleep at the hotel.)

P.S.  It would not be very nice of me to overlook what good sports my family were to tolerate my leave of absence.  When I returned home the house was still standing and the children were all alive. 
Minimum requirements satisfied.




Curious about how things went? 
Peek at the RESULTS. 
(You'll have to scroll down to Montoya.)

2 comments:

  1. what can I say? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm impressed! You've always been a great dancer!

    I'm glad the kids were still alive when you got home - the rats nest is nothing! hehe!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! - I'd say it was worth every moment! You just shine on that dance floor!
    - Now if only the kitchen floor, laundry room floor, etc... I tell you - Letty is super helpful and worth every cent - if you need extra hands!

    ReplyDelete