Saturday, December 06, 2008

Turkey Thumbs vs. Cranberries

Once the turkey hits the tupperware, the Montoyas (US!) and the Thomsens (Our neighbors) hit the soccer fields for some of our annual Turkey Bowl action.

Their family versus our family.

It doesn't matter how old you are.

It doesn't matter how young you are.

(Unless you are Jaren or Isaac, because we are going to want to play with the fu-ball too,

and we know you will not give it back to us if we pass it to you.)

You must play.

And if you don't, then phooey on you! Paul tries to prevent injury.

Only, even this stretch could not help him from bruising his ribs when he dove over one of the Thomsen boys going out for an interception.
Can you say die-hard?





Not Cute.

I put on my best game face.

Okay, so it needs a little work.


Our Team - The Cranberries

We had to borrow a few Thomsens this year because of our smaller Montoya showing (and because a few of our best up and coming players are still in diapers), but we were ready to play.

C'mon Montoyas - we need more of you next year!



The Dads lay down the rules.



Joey takes 5 while we set up the cones,

and Isaac lets us know he is ready to play if we need him.




We play until we are pooped.

Turkey Thumbs -1 and Cranberries -1

That's right, a tie.

We all had a good time, and we're too tired for overtime.

3 comments:

  1. OH, this makes my heart race with happiness. I love some good 'ol Montoya football. I hope ya'all kicked some botty.

    And, shoot girl on the Thanksgiving day festivities post. I love them. It is always nice imagine having been there. And, I see you have a new addition in the Dining room. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss you Tina!!! You always make thing so memorable. I haven't commented on a post so this may be long. I love you and can't wait to see your Christmas lights, you, and your family. You guys are so special to me. I'm not the best at expressing myself. We do our best though, Right??? We'll see you super soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Linda! Oh, perceptive one... I just LOVE my new Craigslist steal (the new dining table) - Thanks for noticing.

    Amy - I CAN'T WAIT! Prepare for your squeeze!

    ReplyDelete