Friday, December 19, 2008

Dare I, Really?


Not without help. No, I would not attempt to take another family photo including all four children without help. It has been two years since the last incident:
Christmas 2006

Did I say incident?
Hmm...well, incedentally (or not) I was actually pleased with the results.
Please keep all talk of lighting and clarity to yourself.
Success for me was declared the minute I realized that all had survived the photo shoot without physical harm.
I neither make nor imply the same claim about our emotional well-being.




It took 2 hours to take that photo. Each of the four children pictured (and their mother) (behind the camera) had cried real tears before we were through. What makes me smile (now) is that they all look so peaceful and loving and innocent in the photo.




I vowed never to subject my family to motherly photographic abuse in that way ever again.




The thought of using a professional photographer for a nice Christmas family photo did occur to me. It just didn't occur to me in October, when it was 95 degrees outside (when I should have been thinking Christmas photo shoot?), so that I could have the pictures back in time for the holidays.




Enter Diane. (My SIL)
Oh Diane, I do so love you.
She (what?!) volunteered (you read correctly) to try to capture a snapshot of our family to send out with our cards this year.



Christmas 2008

We were not good clients.

We were late. We wiggled. We whined. We chased ducks.

It got a little dark outside. That's not Diane's fault.

Still, we have a snapshot and nobody cried. I must therefore declare this another successful photographic experience.

I call it "When all else fails, let your children climb trees".

Thank you, Diane.

And thank heaven.

P.S. If you'd like a Christmas card from us, we need your address. If you don't want to be left out, please email it to us even if you think we already have it.


The End.


1 comment:

  1. I remember that old picture. And I can't wait to see the new!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Much Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete