Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day Fieldtrip

Just the girls.
My ears were pierced when I was an infant - for this I must thank my mother, as I am quite certain I'd have lived without ever piercing them if left to my own devices.

(Not into the unnecessary poking with sharp things.)
(Love earrings, though, so thanks Mom.)

I did think about this when my girls were born, but one look at their perfect little chubby faces, and I had to default to the "no unnecessary sharp things" feelings. I figured when my girls were ready the topic of piercing ears would come up, and I promised myself and my chubby babies we'd go when they were ready.
*
Well... they were ready today.
*
A "before" shot in the classic moose pose.
Adriana "before".

It takes only nano-seconds for Adriana to identify and select the largest diamonds available. Christiana opts for the ever predictable PINK ones.
It is genius that they pierce both sides at once... if only they could have also pierced both girls at once...
One Happy Girl.
One Nervous Girl.


A few tears were shed.

Christiana was unlucky enough to have one of her piercing-machine-things jam up on one side which required an extra thirty seconds of OUCH! to undo and a second try...

1 Lollipop + 1 Look in the mirror later = 2nd Happy Girl.

"After"

(Just so you know, I was very brave.)

3 comments:

  1. LOL Tina, you are soooo funny! Glad you were brave. The girls look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome my darling daughter. I'm happy to see the girls finally got their ears pierced. Now they'll be after the pierced earrings in my collection! hehehe Congratulations!!!!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I am SO with you. Totally do not have it in me to take my baby girls in to have their ears pierced. Ditto - when they're ready, we'll do the deed. Elsa had hers done a while ago. She was so brave! I was a total wreck and almost cried! What a goober!

    ReplyDelete