Friday, September 05, 2008

Bye Bye, Baby...

It is a bittersweet moment in my house today. There are a whole lot of people about to gasp as I tell you what has just happened.

I am having trouble telling you, that is why I am stalling.
Okay, here goes...

The Bosendorfer has been adopted.

Yes, I mean sold.

YES... I KNOW!!! (Regaining composure...Sorry about that little outburst.)

One minute I am posting an ad on Craigslist (not exactly guerilla marketing), the next minute I am fielding several unexpected phone calls, and the next minute she is sold to the very first person who came to see her. I was going to wait and post real goodbye pictures of the piano movers hauling her away on Tuesday, but that would have been a lot like stopping to take snapshots of burly men as they kidnap your child.

I am a little (okay, a lotta) sad.

Then again, our family has come to realize that a few temporary lifestyle downgrades would really help speed things along for some of our other goals... (the semi-sweet part of the bittersweet). So - we concluded that maybe we didn't need to own the finest piano made in the world...Yet.

Choices. I guess we all make our share of tough ones.
My most beloved know that I really do need a hug right now.

I am sure it won't be long before we find a suitable (tolerable) stand in (for my baby?!?) - After all, an hour and a half is a long time to entertain Mr.C (our fabulous piano teacher) every Thursday without any instruments in the house.

Here is where you console me.

3 comments:

  1. I literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor. But since I fully support your goals (especially the mooch part of me that REALLY wants you to have a second home in San Diego) you have my full love, support and condolences. WAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you sister. I hug you from here (I know we connect via hugs.) Also, I send one for "the Baby" because it will be so sad without all of your joyful play on it's ivory keys. You will be missed Montoya Baby. Love and miss you Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez still miss this thing. From the boy who cries panda express

    ReplyDelete