Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's All About the Ice Addiction...


The hundreds of naughty late-night runs to Sonic...
The gallons of Diet Dr. Pepper consumed...

(Be honest - Diet Dr. Pepper does not truly capture the essense of  "The Original Taste That I Love So".)

What keeps us running out at 10:38 P.M.
on nights when we really should be sleeping
because tomorrow is a holiday which means no school
which means all kids at home
which means I will need energy
and therefore sleep...

What keeps us running out to Sonic
paying for AND drinking soda that I do not love
on nights like tonight

is crunchy ice balls.
And large red straws.

But mostly the ice balls.

(I come from a lineage of notorious ice-chompers.)
(We promise not to do it if we are out to eat with you.)

I chug down soda after soda as a necessary evil to get to the ice.



Sonic + Ice Balls = Genius.

I would give up my car if I could have a freezer that made ice like Sonic.

I wouldn't need it anymore because perfect little ice balls would already be in my house 
(chilling every drink and not just bad soda)
negating any need for late night Sonic runs.

Is there a 12-Step Program for my ice addiction?

5 comments:

  1. Sonic SO has the best ice! I wish I had your will power, because I just can't do diet Dr. P. It HAS to be the real thing, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, kindred spirit! I just knew SOMEONE would understand.

    You tempt me with your talk of Dr. Pepper in all his glory, but I shall resist...
    for now...

    since Paul has already left for our ice- I mean soda- run for the evening.

    Small pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we are twins seperated at birth...

    Diet Dr Pepper - with a twist of vanilla = enjoyable taste (not the same as original but feels good going down)

    Sonic - buy bags of ice $1.49... should last 2 or 3 days? no soda required.

    still miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew I had friends, and that they were smarter than me! And more creative!

    It would be too much to bear, were it not for the infinite enjoyment I am experiencing from my newly improved version of DDP.

    Adding vanilla = GENIUS!

    I wonder if the vanilla trick will magically turn my baked lays into doritos...

    I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE sonic ice! But if I start to crave ice, I have to have my iron checked because that is the first sign that I'm low. Dublin Dr.Pepper is the best. It is made with real cane sugar. But of course we can't get it in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete