Sunday, November 02, 2008

We Didn't Go Rollerskating...

If I tell my kids we are going to do something, then barring divine intervention, we are going to do it. When I told my kids I'd take them rollerskating the last day of fall break, they had every reason to believe me. I believed me. I had every intention of following through...until... well, I had a better idea...

Because I just can't resist a few unnecessary moments of wailing and gnashing of teeth I broke the bad news first: "I'm afraid we have a little change of plans today, and there is no possible way I will be able to take you rollerskating..."


The wailing and gnashing and body thrashing began.
Then the good news:
"...Your dad and I thought we might enjoy a weekend at Disneyland instead, and I just don't see any way we could make it back in time to skate today if we leave this morning."

Strangely, the wailing continued a moment longer than expected while the information reached the place in the brain capable of stopping all the funny business. (I second guessed my decision to play this unfriendly joke on my children.) Eventually, there were cheers in the house, and I was forgiven for renigging on the skating trip.


We had a fabulous weekend!


A couple of my favorite moments:


Isaac enjoyed the carousel. He really enjoyed the carousel.

We almost brought the carousel home with us.




Isaac spotted Buzz Lightyear walking by.

He was determined to follow Buzz.



Paul and the big kids were riding Space Mountain so Christiana, Isaac and I got in line for a photo op with our favorite space ranger. When we got to the front of the line Isaac realized the the "real" Buzz was significantly HUGER than he anticipated, and he took off running... so Christiana smiled quickly and we decided a blurry picture was just fine.





A couple of my favorite characters:

The cheeky Cheshire Cat



Jack Skellington

I don't know why, I just like him.




More fun:






The best view of the parade...
We'll just have to go skating another day.










No comments:

Post a Comment