Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Don't Speed!

Ever. Not when I'm late. Not when people wave nasty fingers at me. Most of you know this about me, as I don't even like to ride with people that speed.

(Well, there is that occasional time when I get chatty in the car and don't realize I have crept up a couple of miles per hour, but when I catch myself I immediately return to speed limit or below.) Therefore, I do not fear the law. When I hear sirens, I know they are not for me. I find cops friendly. So what I'm about to tell you may surprise you...

Today I received my very first speeding ticket. Ever.

I know. I was so surprised myself, that when the officer pulled me over, I actually thought I was getting punk'd.
You see, this was the speed limit for the stretch I was driving at the time...
But I was not driving 35. I was actually driving about 20.
I was approaching this sign:
Apparently, when you see this sign, you should already be slowing even before you reach the sign because at the sign you should already be at 15mph.
***
At my 20mph, I had not yet begun to slow, and therefore the officer did not feel confident that I would slow in time to stop for a hypothetical little one who might hypothetically dart into the road unexpectedly.

My bad.

The cop just flashed his lights - didn't even use his siren or "woo woo" to pull me over. I think he, too, was embarassed.

I looked around to see the idiot speeding in the school zone. Alas, it was me.

For all you non-believers and thinkers that "5 above" is the "safe zone" - See ya in court!




1 comment:

  1. TINA!! I am shocked. I actually thought while I read this that you were given a citation for going too slow...seriously. You do not speed! The story, and your blog tone in general, crack me up. Thanks for the address!!

    ReplyDelete